Join us on Tuesday 23 September for Right of First Refusal, a presentation and discussion. Book now
LEASE training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
Lease on Location – Association of Retirement Housing Managers (ARHM)
LEASE adviser Joy Akah-Douglas has represented LEASE at several recent ARHM conferences in Leeds, Taunton and London. She has presented on such diverse topics as the right to manage, lease extensions, dealing with windows or subletting, to mention only a few. The conferences have all been interactive affairs, with lots of audience questions and excellent feedback. LEASE looks forward to participating in future ARHM meetings.
Would your Housing Association or Residents Association like LEASE to address your group on the complexities of residential leasehold? We can provide presentations on common issues and questions relating to residential leasehold as well as individual advice surgeries.
(News story added: 24 November 2011)