New advice line
A new service is now available. Lawyers, managing agents and other professionals working in the sector will access LEASE advice through an online booking system. No more waiting on hold – select your slot, call the number provided and get the advice you need. Written advice is also available.
A 20 minute slot will cost just £45 (plus VAT). A 40 minute slot for advice in writing is £90 (plus VAT).
Are you a professional with an issue that you’d like to discuss with a LEASE adviser?
Click here to book your first appointment
The revenue from this new service will, as always, be going to support our free service for leaseholders.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
LEASE on Location â€“ Aldershot
LEASE adviser Nicholas Kissen gave a talk to the Residents Association Forum of the Retirement Leasehold Housing Association Group (RLHA) held at Aldershot on 19 May 2011.
Nicholas’ presentation, “Residential Leasehold – Highlights and Headaches”, provided an overview of leasehold law in particular its application to the retirement sector. The presentation covered such topics as transfer fees, rent on the house manager’s flat and seeking a variation of the lease.
Staff from RLHA also gave presentations on the work of the organisation.
The event was attended by 35 leaseholder representatives and 15 board members and staff. Feedback was positive and constructive and LEASE looks forward to attending future events held by the RLHA Group.
Would your Housing Association or Residents Association like LEASE to address your group on the complexities of residential leasehold? We can provide presentations on common issues and questions relating to residential leasehold as well as individual advice surgeries.
(News story added: 23 May 2011)