Next webinar - Thursday 10 September, Right to Buy - the nuts and bolts.
LEASE training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
LEASE Open Day, Cardiff
On 28th January LEASE and Shelter Cymru held an Open Day in Cardiff at the Park Plaza Hotel. Shabnam Ali-Khan led a team of Legal Advisers who provided a day of information sessions, Q&As and one-to-one advice surgeries.
Shabnam Ali-Khan said: “Leaseholders raised questions about Right to Manage, service charge rights - including consultation for major works - applying to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal, lease extensions and freehold purchase of flats. More than 50 leaseholders and others attended and we look forward to helping more people in Wales with similar events.”
Would your Housing Association or Residents Association like LEASE to address your group on the complexities of residential leasehold? We can provide presentations on common issues and questions relating to residential leasehold as well as individual advice surgeries.
(News story added: 2 February 2012)