New advice line
A new service is now available. Lawyers, managing agents and other professionals working in the sector will access LEASE advice through an online booking system. No more waiting on hold – select your slot, call the number provided and get the advice you need. Written advice is also available.
A 20 minute slot will cost just £45 (plus VAT). A 40 minute slot for advice in writing is £90 (plus VAT).
Are you a professional with an issue that you’d like to discuss with a LEASE adviser?
Click here to book your first appointment
The revenue from this new service will, as always, be going to support our free service for leaseholders.
- LEASE's 14th annual conference another success!
- Shared Ownership-relaxing the criteria from April 2016
- UK’s 4.1m leaseholders urged to have their say in national survey
- MOJ publishes government's response to the consultation on proposals to increase court and tribunal fees
- New advice line for leasehold professionals
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
LEASE provides FREE initial advice to members of the public on residential long leasehold and park homes law. We can help if your enquiry is about a flat or leasehold house with a lease longer than 21 years or park homes.
LEASE is not able to advise on:
- assured or assured shorthold tenancies (eg, if rent is paid weekly or monthly)
- commercial leases (a shop or other business)
Leasehold professionals such as lawyers, managing agents, surveyors, estate agents, developers etc can also access advice by paying a fee and booking an advice session.
Getting the most out of your contact with LEASE
To help you get the advice you need as conveniently as possible, here are some tips:
- Use the interactive tool on our website. Start by clicking one of the links below to access helpful advice guides that may provide the answer you need:
- If you still can’t find the advice you need you can call our advice helpline. To make the best use of your time, make sure that before you call you:
- write down a clear outline of your problem and any questions you have. This can help the adviser help you more easily
- make sure you have relevant documents to hand
- have a pen and paper, as leasehold law can be complicated and you may want to make some notes
We can provide advice by email (contact us in writing using the enquiry form), telephone, letter or in person at the office.
Telephone helpline: 020 7832 2500
Monday to Friday from 9:30-15:00
If you are looking for advice on park homes law, please use the enquiry form, or telephone 020 7832 2525. Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:00-17:00.