Join us on Tuesday 25 March at 13:00 for Lease extension – the case law you should know (valuation), a presentation and discussion. Book now
LEASE 2013/14 training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- OFT launches market study of residential property management services
- Court of Appeal decides Di Marco v Morshead Mansions
- LEASE response to proposed scope of OFT market study
- Right to Buy discounts for tenants to be increased again in 2014
- Section 20 Consultation and public sector contracts – the thresholds are changing on 1 January 2014
- Upper Tribunal decision - can a single RTM company exercise the right for more than one premises
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
LEASE, The Leasehold Advisory Service, is a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by Government to provide free legal advice to leaseholders, landlords, professional advisers, managers and others on the law affecting residential leasehold in England and Wales.
LEASE is funded by -
We can provide advice by telephone, by letter or email, or in person at the office; we can arrange seminars and group meetings where large numbers of leaseholders want to discuss a joint issue. We publish a wide range of free advice notes.
Lease Conferences Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of LEASE, provides various paid services. All revenue earned from these services is used to help support LEASE's core free front-line advice service.
Non-professionals in the leasehold sector interested in the content of paid services after the event should apply to the Chief Executive.
Leasehold advisers are available for telephone advice from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to write to us please include a day-time telephone number in your email or letter.
If you would like to come to our office for face to face advice, please telephone 020 7383 9800 to request an appointment. Before an appointment is agreed an adviser will discuss your query with you by telephone, to determine whether it would be best addressed by a face to face meeting. This is because of the high demand for advice. Please bring all relevant documents (for example, the lease) with you. If in doubt ask the adviser what you need to bring.
LEASE is based at Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7BN. Click here for a map.
The closest stations are Warren Street, Euston Square, and Euston. The following bus routes can be used: 10, 14, 18, 24, 27, 29, 30, 73, 134, 205, 390.