You can contact us using our
online enquiry form
or you can speak to one
of our advisers by calling
020 7383 9800
Lines are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
Clients in Wales may call 02920 782 222.
Join us on Tuesday 11 June at 13:00 for Learning the rules of the new first-tier tribunal (Property Chamber), a presentation and discussion. Book now
LEASE 2012/13 training programme
For training on residential leasehold law.
Section 20 Consultation
Service charges for residential leaseholders
Tackling bad management
Courses can be fully tailored to your requirements.
- LEASE Conference 2013
- Gathering information on service charges - ways to enforce your rights
- When are service charge costs incurred? Court of Appeal decision in OM Property Management v Burr
- 2012-13 Performance summary
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill - implications for managing agents
- Podcast - Lease Extension
- I am in dispute with my landlord but I do not want to go to Court or Tribunal. Is there an alternative?
- How can I find out what my service charge is being used for?
- My neighbours are very noisy and it is affecting the enjoyment of my property. What can I do?
- I own the freehold of a leasehold house. The leaseholder wants to buy the freehold. Do I have to sell it to them?
- My landlord has carried out Section 20 consultation but I am still unhappy about the service charges I'm being asked to pay. What can I do?
- What happens when my lease runs out?
- What happens if I breach the terms of my lease?
- My landlord has not demanded ground rent for several years. Can he still demand it?
The Leasehold Advisory Service is a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by Government to provide free advice on the law affecting residential leasehold property in England and Wales.
Whether you are a leaseholder, a freeholder or a property professional, the Leasehold Advisory Service is here to help. We advise on issues including service charges, extending your lease, buying the freehold, right to manage and applying to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT).
On this website you can:
- Read or download the full range of advice guides.
- Find the right information for you using the links below. For example click "I own a flat".
- Use the lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of extending your lease.
- Book a leasehold training course, live webinar, or purchase a webinar recording in the online shop.
- Next webinar - Tuesday 11 June, Learning the rules of the new first-tier tribunal (Property Chamber), a presentation and discussion. Book now. On 1 July 2013 the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal will merge with other property-related tribunals and panels to form the first-Tier Tribunal. This webinar will provide a thorough grounding in the new rules.
- See upcoming LEASE events. If you would like to book LEASE advisers for an event complete the booking form.
- Search our collection of Leasehold Valuation Tribunal (LVT) decisions.
- Find a lawyer, surveyor/valuer or managing agent in the directory of leasehold practitioners.
- LEASE's latest podcast is about lease extension. A conversation with Mark Wilson, a Chartered Valuation Surveyor and Managing Director of myleasehold. The podcast provides some very useful tips for any leaseholder who is considering extending their lease. See all podcasts.
Find the right information for you
Which of the following statements best describes your situation:
Extending your lease?
Use our lease extension calculator to get an idea of the cost of renewing your lease...